MySQL : 004 : Can't connect to MySQL server
Message: Failed to connect to database 'MainDB'. (ErrNo:-2147467259
Details:[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on '(machinename)/(ipaddress)' (10060))
The error message indicates that GLOBODOX is unable to connect to MySQL.
Make sure the MySQL port is opened in Windows Firewall on the machine on which MySQL is installed.
To open a port...
- Press the Windows + R button. The Run dialog will be launched.
- In the Open: textbox, type wf.msc
- Click OK. The 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security' dialog will be launched.
- In the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, in the left pane, right-click Inbound Rules, and then click New Rule in the action pane.
- In the Rule Type dialog box, select Port, and then click Next.
- In the Protocol and Ports dialog box, select TCP. Select Specific local ports, and then type the port number of MySQL (by default 3306) . Click Next.
- In the Action dialog box, select Allow the connection, and then click Next.
- In the Profile
dialog box, select any profiles that describe the computer connection
environment when you want to connect to MySQL, and then
- In the Name dialog box, type a name and description for this rule, and then click Finish.
If the above still does not work, proceed to Step 2.
Make sure the root user has permission to access MySQL from any Client machine.
To do this...
- On the machine on which MySQL is installed, start MySQL Command Line Client.
- Enter the password for the root user.
- Type the following command...
grant all on *.* to 'root'@'%' identified by 'password';
(Replace password with the password of the root user.)
If the above still does not work, proceed to Step 3.
Make sure the correct ODBC driver is installed on the machine on which you receive the error.
to install the correct ODBC driver.
MySQL: 001 : Unknown MySQL server host 'Server_Name'
Causes : The error indicates that the logged in Windows user does not have permission to connect to MySQL. This could be due to restricted or limited access on MySQL. Solution : You will have to provide permissions for the MySQL root user, as this ...
Migrate v10 Globodox MySQL DB
Step 1: Backup DB on old machine Follow instructions from the link below to take a backup of the MySQL DB... https://www.globodox.com/support/help/index.htm?backup_a_mysql_based_db.htm Note: Make sure you take a backup of all the DBs. Make sure you ...
MySQL: 002 : Repair corrupted MySQL DB
Repairing a MySQL DB from Windows Command Line Step 1: Open the Windows Command Line - Go to Start >> and Search for 'cmd'. Click on 'Command Prompt' once the Search results show up. You can alternatively type in (Windows + R) to open the Run Dialog ...
ODBC drivers for MySQL based DB
If you are using GLOBODOX v9 or below... Please download the ODBC connector for MySQL from the link below... https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/get/p/10/file/mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.4-win32.msi Run the msi file on all the machines on which ...
Error installing ODBC driver MySQL ODBC 5.3 Driver
Error: Error 1918. Error installing ODBC driver MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver, ODBC error 13: The setup routines for the MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126: The specified module could not be found ...