Backup DB on old machine
Make sure you take a backup of all the DBs.
Make sure you backup the multi-user.gdx file. (This file is usually located in the 'C:\ProgramData\ITAZ\Globodox' folder)
Move the contents to the new machine.
Backup File Store
Note: If your File store is on a Shared drive or on a NAS, and you do not want to move the File store then you can skip this step.
documents added to GLOBODOX are added to a Windows folder known as the
GLOBODOX File Store. The File Store is the usually the 'C:\Globodox
databases\MainDB\Default File Store' folder.
To know the location of the File Store for your GLOBODOX installation....
- Start GLOBODOX.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the 'File Stores' node in the left pane. A list of File stores will be displayed on the right.
- The 'Folder Path' column will display the location of the File Store.
would recommend you to manually zip and make a copy of the 'C:\Globodox databases' folder. Please copy the zip file from the old machine to the same folder location on the
new machine. Makes sure you share this folder
On the new machine, install MySQL and the related ODBC driver.
Restore DB on the new machine.
Follow instructions from the link below to restore the backup of the MySQL DB...
Install Globodox (the same version as installed on the old machine)
Start Globodox once.
Replace the backed up multi-user.gdx file in the 'C:\ProgramData\ITAZ\Globodox' folder.
Pointing Globodox to the new MySQL installation.
- Open the Command Line Window.
- In the Command Line window type the following at the cursor.
"C:\Program Files\Globodox Desktop\Globodox.exe" /reconfiguremaindb
- Now, hit the Enter key.
- Globodox will now launch. The MysQL DB Details window will be launched.
- Enter the MySQL details for the new machine.
- After this is configured, you will get a message confirming that Command Line action has been completed. Globodox will now close.
- Start Globodox. The Main DB will now be opened
If you have more DBs (other than the Main DB) then follow the steps below...
- Select Settings > System Settings > DB List in the Navigation pane.
- Double click a DB from the list to specify its new location. Click the [...] button. The DB Details window will now be launched.
- Specify the details to connect to the the DB located on the new MySQL Server.
- Click the Save and close button to save the changes.
Apply Registration Key.
- Click on the Globodox button (The round button on the top left)
- Click About.
- Click the Register button.
- Browse to the v10 Registeration key file. (.gxlc2 extension)
- Restart Globodox.
Make DB multi-user
- Click On Setting>>DB List.
- Select each DB and click on the 'Multi-user' button on the Ribbon bar.
Point Client machines to the new server machine.
- On each Client machine, launch the Globodox Login Manager.
- Specify the Server URL of the new machine.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click OK.
Turn off the old machine to confirm everything is fine.
If you cannot turn off the old machine , shut down the MySQL Service and the Globodox Server Service on the old machine.